Wednesday 16 September 2009

BBAW Meme in 5 words

Amy's suggested that we answer these questions in five words or less, but I'm going to go one better and answer each in EXACTLY five words, so here goes:

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack?
I drink tea. A lot.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Write? In a book? NEVER!!!

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Leaving the book flat open?
Memorise page number. Then forget.
.
Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction. Non-fiction is for work.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Audiobooks make me fall asleep.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
Usually read cover to cover.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Invent meaning. It's usually wrong.

What are you currently reading?
Just re-read King of Attolia.

What is the last book you bought?
High Lord by Trudi Canavan.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
Generally juggling too many books.

Do you have a favourite time of day and/or place to read?
Bed. At night. With tea.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Series that can stand alone.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Maria Snyder rocks my socks.

How do you organise your books? (By genre/title/author's last name, etc.?)
Book goes where it's RIGHT.

And there you have it. Five word sentences are fun. See you soon, I hope.

6 comments:

  1. You did much better than I! I couldn't get the under 5 words bit down as I am excessively verbose (as my high school teacher told me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you know terms like 'excessively verbose' now!! It was a challenge for me to cut some of the answers down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That takes some willpower to cut the words down. I like your answers- Maria Synder is a very talented author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you both enjoyed it. It was surprisingly difficult (though entertaining) to write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! I'm going to try to stick to your five word limit...

    ReplyDelete